Monday 16 July 2012

Project 8: Still Life with Background: Final Design

Using Lemon Yellow and Orange I painted in the Ducks, again I watered the acrylic paint down and painted in the ducks to kill the white of the canvas, I wasn’t too careful in painting them as there wasn’t any need to be. The paint dried within seconds due to the amount of water added.



The paint dried within seconds due to the amount of water added. The ducks eyes were added and a green beak was painted on the mother duck mixing the colours I already had on my palette. The orange of the duck also felt too red so I added a yellow glaze made from Cadmium Yellow and added this on top of the red/orange duck once it was dry.



The bath matt had bumps on to stop a person from slipping; the ones on the original matt didn’t look too clever so I tried something different. The bath was also given another coat of paint, I went over the ducks on purpose as I wanted them overlapping. However I also went over the plug chain and I didn’t even realise until later.



All the metal areas I filled in with grey paint also the plug was painted the same colour, after refining the plug hole it started to look okay.



As well as using the Preliminary Sketch and painting I was also working from the original photograph at the same time. As you can see the original colours have changed for the ducks the colour scheme of the primary colours Magenta, Cyan and Yellow wasn’t working together as good as the colours I used.




As well as using the Preliminary Sketch and painting I was also working from the original photograph at the same time. As you can see the original colours have changed for the ducks the colour scheme of the primary colours Magenta, Cyan and Yellow wasn’t working together as good as the colours I used.




I went back to have a look at the Plug Chain as I accidentally painted the chain out. The chain worked well and I’m quite happy with it I just need to add some shadows to them.




I was having a lot of problems with the beaks on the ducks so I decided to start all over again to see if I could get it to a reasonable standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment