Sunday 15 July 2012

Project 8: Still Life with Background: Primary Ideas

The Third Possible Idea for the Final Piece.

I actually like the last idea I produced with the bath toys so I’m going to have another look to see if I can come up with a more pleasing visual experience. I will have another photo shoot and play with my ducks and see what happens, there’s nothing wrong with the last piece but there’s something missing but I’m not sure what it is yet. The drawing on the opposite page is what I came up with it, it has been taken off one of the photographs but I also added the bath plug from another photograph. I’m happy with the image I’ve just got to see what mess I make with the paintbrush. The image was transferred over with the same method as the last one. I did a freehand drawing and scanned the image into Photoshop, once the image was cleaned up I printed it straight out on a piece of A3 Acrylic paper and then fixed the printer ink with a fixative. I’ve started of my killing the white of the paper with watered down acrylic mix not really being careful just scrubbing it in.

As I was happy with the colours I eventually used on the last piece with these same ducks I kept to the same colour scheme. Once the blue of the bath and bathmat was painted I used the complementary colour of Orange for the mummy duck.















An analogous colour scheme has also been used on the ducks using Yellow for the small ducks, Orange for the beaks with green for the mother’s ducks beak. The complementary colour of purple has been used on the baby ducks for the cast shadows.















Finished Study 03…
The piece isn’t finished there’s a lot more to do to it before you can call it finished. It’s only a preliminary panting I’ve still got a lot to do to it if I want to take it through to my final design. I have a lot to do on the plug chain and there’s seems to be a lot of white space at the top, these things I will have to have a look at. I also would like to add some bubbles from a bubble bath somewhere but I have no idea how to reproduce the look, I will have to experiment and see if I can emulate this. It has taken around 7 hours to do this piece from a blank piece of paper. I do like the idea better than the other two I have designed but I want to look at some other possibilities. I’m going to have a look at some everyday items such as bread, fruit and maybe even some flowers, who knows?





No comments:

Post a Comment