Sunday 15 July 2012

Project 8: Still Life with Background

Still Life with Background: Research

Apart from drawing lessons in class I have never done a Still Life; I’ve always looked at them as a boring subject matter. You might be asking yourself then why did a choose to do a still life, the simple answer is that it seems the quickest and the easiest project to do, I’m already behind my a few weeks so I just wanted something I could finish quickly.

The full brief for this project can be viewed here in pdf format. Whilst researching I came across some wonderful artists, some I have looked at before but others are new to me which I'm very glad I stumbled upon them, below are the contemporary artists I’ve chosen.

Wayne Thiebaud:
















Connor Walton : 
















Julian Merrow-Smith:














I have a shown a few of their work below but if you enjoy them please visit the website links

Links:

Wayne Thiebaud (link)
Connor Walton (link)
Julian Merrow-Smith (link)



Historical Designers…

Also I choose three historical designers again I’ve included a few of their art works but of course you may do a bit a research on them yourself. The designers I choose where:

Paul Cezanne (1839-1906)


















Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890)













No comments:

Post a Comment