Tuesday 19 April 2011

Project 3: Full Lenth Figure (W6 @ Home)

As I didn't get chance to finish off the watercolour in the Life Drawing class I decided to practice at home with the watercolour paint and pencils as it isn't my favourite medium. I managed to get a tutorial dvd called Paining Figures in Watercolour by Ruth Block I would recommend getting a copy if you can it is available if you know where to look. Below are a few examples which I have produced this week:

The below are in one colour they are basically silhouettes but I've added a second coat for the shadow parts. These only took a couple of minutes to do I spent more time waiting for the paint to dry.

Please Click the images twice for the largest size...










The below I've left some white spaces around the figure and also use 2 colours one for the clothes and one for sking. By leaving white spaces where two colours meet the colours wont wont run together. This is the first drawing Ive done with some clothes on the model, I might try a few more.




I then moved on to the watercolour pencils the first drawing I used the watercolour pencil first then added water on top then reaplied some pencil.






I made stronger mies on the watercolour paints by using less water I wanted the colours to be stronger, I also used ink applied with a brush for the contours. I need to use a smaller brush or work on the brush strokes as its all over the place. I might try this again but use ink instead of watercolour paint.





I have used a Drawing Pen aith the waterpaints, for a change the model is also wearing some garments. With a bit of practice I think I will be able to produce something reasonable from using this technique.


No comments:

Post a Comment