Saturday, 30 April 2011

Project 3: 5 Preliminary Studies with B/G (Study 4)

This is a new peice done in soft Pastels and Pastel Pencils on Cartridge paper, I have taken the image with a camera and not scanned it in as one its A2 and secondly the fixate hasn't fixed all the pastels... So the quality of the image isn't as good as it would have been if I scanned it in. Why it hasnt I don't know but if I add more fixative the pastels especially the white seems to vanish.

I thought I would have a go with Pastels; I had a lot of problems getting the fixative to work. Don’t know if it’s the brand of pastels I have used or the paper, I’ll try the proper pastel paper next time rather than using cartridge paper. I’m really happy with the image; I love the colours I’ve used on the figure I thought I would intensify the purples and greens in the shadows areas. If I have to change something I would look at the background as it went a lot darker once the fixative was. Maybe adding a cast shadow from a window blind on the back wall would help I feel its needs something there. I would also rework the towel and add fewer folds and maybe change the colour to a sea green.

Please Click the images twice for the largest size...

No comments:

Post a Comment