Friday 18 March 2011

Project 1: Design Units 2D Shape

This project was based around 2D Shape so I decided to recreate the below picture Meadow at Moritzburg by Max Hermann Pechstein as a flat colour image, I was looking on the lines of work by Roy Lichtenstein but without the Benday dots just the flat continuous colour without any shading.


Please Click the Pictures Twice to View the Largest Size…



Orignal painting "Meadow at Moritzburg" by Max Hermann Pechstein,

Below is my first attempt, I have reproduced the painting in Acrylics however I'm not satisfied with the overall appearance. I wanted to get flat colour without any streaks of different shades, with the Acrylics I found it impossible to achieve this result. I'm also unhappy as I had to lay the paint on so thick to try and hide the streaks the acrylic now shines giving the painting a glossy appearance, which is not what I was looking for.



The second attempt which is below was produced with Gouache on Hotpress Watercolour Paper which worked out a lot better than the first attempt. I still had some problems with the paint leaving a streaky effect, some colours went down fine without a problem where others where just as bad as the acrylics. The lighter coloured grass was a darker green at first but I had to paint over this also I had to change the colour of the path from an orange colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment