Tuesday 22 July 2014

Todays Sketch 22nd July 2014...

I decided to do another sketch using the charcoal pencil with watercolours technique  as I enjoyed the last one I did. This is a photograph I took way back in 2004 whilst in London with college, I forgot I had photographs of London. Any way this is another quick sketch that I haven't took loads of time making sure every brick is in the correct place. The only difference is I fixed the charcoal before adding the watercolour, I also drew back into the image with the charcoal pencil after applying the water colour. As well as using the charcoal dry I also dipped the tip into water first this made the charcoal look darker. Its worth trying this technique give it a go, you can knock one out in half an hour lmk how you get on. In case you don't recognise the place its a view of St Paul's Cathedral, London taken from Paternoster Square.

PLEASE DOUBLE CLICK IMAGES FOR THE LARGEST IMAGE





1 comment:

  1. Very impressive art work with amazing light colours !!!

    ReplyDelete